You are excited about the challenge of owning important product features that will help an engaged open-source community succeed. You have a strong interest in mining operations and devops processes, and preferably a technical background. You encourage discussions, help the best idea win, and turn it into a well thought-out plan to help with execution. If you are passionate about cryptocurrency mining operations and developer experience, you should consider the opportunity to join Livepeer as our Technical Product Manager for Orchestrator Experience.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by building the best video infrastructure for user-generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers.
As a blockchain-based protocol that has been live on Ethereum since 2018, Livepeer is one of the first web3 networks to deliver real-world value to an existing multi-billion dollar industry. We do this by using our open-source, blockchain coordinated, p2p network to enable a worldwide community of hardware operators to run infrastructure for video streaming. In trying times like this, Livepeer provides a unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to providing a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the RoleLivepeer is looking for a product manager to own the experience of orchestrators on the Livepeer Network. We are looking for a technical individual with deep experience in cryptocurrency mining operations who can work with our community and internal engineering teams to strengthen the technical basis for a thriving orchestrator economy on the Livepeer Network. This includes working with a diverse set of internal and community stakeholders to identify user needs, scoping out core team- and community-driven product features, working with the engineering team to facilitate planning, organizing product launches, and iterating based on metrics / direct community feedback. This is a role with high leverage and high autonomy, and you will be supported by an experienced team with deep industry knowledge and technical expertise. For the right individual, this is an opportunity to create a truly compelling experience for a unique and engaged community.
- You will work with the Livepeer Network core engineering team to spec, prioritize and ship features that empower the orchestrator community and support ecosystem growth
- You will work with the orchestrator community to facilitate community-driven product initiatives and launches
- You will own the entire orchestrator experience, from onboarding to infrastructure optimization
- You will encourage progressive decentralization of the Livepeer Network's creation and develop processes that enable the community to build their own products on top of the network
Ideal Candidate (Must Haves)
- Experience running a GPU miner, either for a PoW chain or a web3 infrastructure protocol like Livepeer
- Experience managing a developer product - bonus points if it's a highly-available infrastructure product and double bonus if it's mining-related
- You're self-motivated and biased toward action / execution
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Deep knowledge of devops and deployment pipelines
- Strong understanding of the Web3 ecosystem including core infrastructure, applications and developer tooling
Nice to haves
- Experience managing or contributing to a web3 community
- Experience with video technology & hardware
- Engineering background
Here is what to expect during the interview process:
- Initial Phone Interview
- First and Second Round Interview
- Reference Checks
Resources to learn more about Livepeer